Thank you for supporting our charities.
Make the impossible KID possible.
Children's Diagnostic & Treatment Center
Supporting at risk children and families
Kids in Distress, provides comprehensive services to prevent child abuse, preserve the family and treat children who have been abused and neglected. The center provides family strengthening services as well as children’s services services for more than 6,000 children and their families. Learn more about KID.
CDTC | Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center
Promoting the optimal health and well being pf children and youth with special health care needs by providing family centered, comprehensive prevention, interventiona, and treatment services.
Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center offers a wide variety of services to help disabled and chronically ill children and adolescents in our community. Learn more about CDTC.
Giving from the heart-making a difference since 1952.
The Charity Guild is one of the oldest charitable organizations in Fort Lauderdale. We were founded in 1952 by ten women who wanted to help children in need. That is still our mission. We are a dedicated, all volunteer organization with an active membership of 57 women and a privileged (supporting) membership of more than 60 women. We raise funds for both Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center (CDTC) and Kids in Distress (KID). Over the last twenty years, we have raised more then $3,000,000 for our charities. We have two fundraising events a year – our Spring Luncheon and our Fall Event.
To raise funds to provide health care and social services for medically fragile, disadvantaged and emotionally challenged children in Broward County for the Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center and Kids in Distress.
2024 is off to a great start!!! As a result of the 2023 Spring and Fall Events, The Charity Guild of Fort Lauderdale was able to donate more than $244,000 to Kids in Distress and Children’s Diagnostic and Treatment Center. Thank you to all our sponsors and attendees for helping to make that happen!
Save the date for our Spring 2024 Event, taking place Thursday April 18th at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa!
Did You Know
- Every $1 spent at CDTC in early prevention for developmental delays saves $7 in future intervention.
- A child’s visit to a CDTC clinic costs $63. That same service at an emergency room could be over $500.
- The average cost of a single juvenile incarceration for one year is over $40,000.
- KID counsels and trains over 5,000 children and their families with complex needs to provide safe and loving homes to their children.
- CDTC and KID serve over 20,000 Broward County Children and their families?
- $25 provides diapers for an infant for one week?
- $75 feeds a family of four for one week?
- $200 fills an exam room with medical supplies for one month?
You can make a difference?
You Can Make A Difference!
If you would like to participate please contact us today.